Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thank You



Thank you everyone who read this blog throughout 2011 and 2012. I’ve now been back in the U.S. for nearly two months. I'll have a few more pieces up over at The Revealer

I’ll be shifting my personal writing over to the blog Meanwhile in Texas and reporting as well for the Texas Tribune. The challenge, now, is to make the place I grew up as exciting, foreign, eye-opening, and written-description-worthy as Egypt.


Finally, Emily Smith and I have been hard at work on a travel guide to Egypt. The idea is to pull together all of the strange kitschy places, delicious out of the way restaurants, and other odds, ends, tips, and tricks into a single place that could serve future travelers and expatriates in Egypt (our Arabic tutor chuckled and asked if Egyptians could use it too).

Drum roll please:


Thanks again for reading and following me on this incredible journey.

Maurice

1 comment: